GEOTECHNICAL AND GEOENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERS
Due to our clients’ increasing workload, they are actively seeking graduate and experienced geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineers. The posts will be predominantly based in their Suffolk office. Although, travelling to sites located throughout England will be required.
Candidates must be motivated and flexible with good team working, communication, analytical, organisation and problem-solving skills. Up-to-date IT skills are essential.
Daily tasks involve:
– Collecting, analysing and interpreting data.
– Preparing factual and interpretative reports.
– Providing advice and information to clients.
– Ensuring projects keep to budget and timescale.
– Liaison with clients, consultants and contractors.
– Planning, organising and undertaking fieldwork.
– Utilising specialist computer applications.
Candidates must have excellent written English skills and a degree in geology, civil engineering, engineering geology, environmental sciences or mining/mineral engineering or HNC/D in related subject required.
Post graduate qualifications (MSc/PhD) in specialist field would be advantageous, but not essential.
Key skills include:
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
– Ability to carry out tasks accurately and follow strict methodologies.
– Strong attention to details, disciplined, careful and focused.