Our client are looking for an experienced Geo-Environmental Consultant to join their exceptional national geo division, based in Southampton.
To provide geo-environmental and/or geotechnical advice.
In brief, the work includes the delivery of geo-environmental and/or geotechnical services including, but not limited to, design and management of site investigations (including on-site supervision, logging and sampling); interpretative report writing; qualitative and quantitative risk assessment.
The role includes working as part of integrated project teams of environmental, geo-environmental and geotechnical specialists and an understanding of related disciplines (civils, structural and remediation), will be required.
– A BSc, BEng or higher qualification in a relevant subject (geology, civil engineering, environmental science etc) and typically between 2 and 4 years relevant work experience
– Good working knowledge of relevant and up to date British Standards (eg BS-EN 5930), Industry Guidance (eg EA LC:RM) and NHBC Standards
– Supervision, reporting and management of geo-environmental and/or geotechnical assignments
– Monitoring of gas and groundwater levels and groundwater sampling
– Liaise with Sub Contractors and clients assisting in the delivery of projects
– Writing draft reports
– Good understanding of Health and Safety requirements
– Self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
– A proactive and independent thinker with an enthusiastic approach to work
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Full UK Driving Licence