Exciting new position available for a Deputy Head of Geotechnics to work with our client. The role is based in London but the client have confirmed that they would be happy to consider the right candidate to work from home.
– Manage/PM for design support (working directly with structure team leader and site assessment team leader).
– Team leader on computation geotechnics at the Client.
– Co-ordinate with other project team leaders and able to lead/work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
– Experience managing design work and GIR for monopile structure.
– Check/review reports and sections of reports to clearly convey results, integrating with the wider team as required. Oversee and ensure that all deliverables are completed in full compliance with approved project/client requirements, as well as to ODEs procedures and policies.
– Attend meetings (internal/external) as required for projects and the Client’s meetings.
– Oversea travel representing the Client occasionally and when required.
– Being the Head of Computational Geotechnics for the Client and support development of the Client’s geotechnics team (together with the Chief – Engineer and the Site Assessment Team Leader).
– Support the in tenders / proposals.
– MSc or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent.
– Chartered Membership or achieve membership within 1 year of employment.
– Proven experience in a managerial position.
– Previous experience in offshore engineering design, particularly on computational geotechnics.
– Knowledgeable with input data for monopile, jacket pile design, offshore pipelines and preparation of Geotechnical Interpretative Report.
– Able to produce and in charge of Scope of Work, design reports, technical notes.
– Experience on preparation of proposals/tenders for Offshore Wind projects.
– Expert usage of computational software e.g. PLAXIS, ABAQUS, FLAC, Optum, etc.